20050831: grib reading in IDV]

Subject: 20050831: grib reading in IDV
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:28:16 -0600
From: Don Murray <address@hidden>
To: Brian Blanton <address@hidden>

Hi Brian-

Brian Blanton wrote:
Contact.  I had to point at the /resources/grib/tables/nceptab_2.tab
which is OK.

If I point to my version of the grib table (0:-1:2:nceptab_2.tab),
there's an error as:

ERROR: An error has occurred:
There was an error loading the data:
For input string: "var0"

This is because you deleted the first line:

-1:7:-1:-1

in the file you downloaded as you mentioned in an earlier message.
Contrary to what I told you before, the /resources/grib/tables/ spec
does not look at the one in the JAR file (at least from my experiments).
It will still be relative to the grib1lookuptable.lst file.

The one in your DefaultIdv/resources/grib/tables/ must still have that
line in there.

Because I'm going to need to build my own parameter table for the ocean
model stuff, how can I see the system/resources version, inside the jar files?

You can unpack the nc2.2.jar file and look in the resources/grib/tables
directory.

so that I can tell what's wrong with my version of nceptab_2.tab ?

It's just the first line missing.  If I delete the first line in my
file, I get the same error.

Thanks a billion, Don,