20050813: IDV help (fwd)

>Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:20:55 -0700
>From: Nickolas <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: IDV help

Nickolas-

>I have been playing with IDV and I cant seem to figure out how to get it
>to display 10 doppler images in a loop that updates its self as time
>goes on.. Basically I am looking for live view. Is that option there?

You can do this if you have a live feed of Level II radar data on disk.
If that is the case, use the Level II radar chooser to select the most
recent "n" files under the "Use Relative Times" dropdown menu. Once the
dataset is loaded, right click on the datasource name in the Field
Chooser and choose the "Turn On Polling" item. That will start the
poling.

If you are looking at Level III data, there is currently no way
to auto-update.

Don Murray