20050419: Problems displaying level II radar data in IDV

>From: "HOETH, BRIAN R. (JSC-ZS) (LM)" <address@hidden>

>Well, maybe I didn't install IDV properly or something??  I copied the file
>you gave me (defaultmen.xml) into $HOME/.metapps/DefaultIdv/tmp

defaultmenu.xml needs to go in $HOME/.metapps/DefaultIdv

>and I tried
>to start IDV with $HOME/idv/runIDV and I got the following Error GUI:
>
>"An error has occurred In getViewManager Canvas3D: null Graphics
>Configuration"
>
>When I click on "OK", I get the following Error GUI:
>
>"An error has occurred Inititalizing the GUI null"
>
>When I click on "OK", IDV starts but all I get is the Data Selector GUI??

This should have nothing to do with the defaultmenu.xml (especially
if you put in the tmp directory).  Are you now starting it differently
than before?  It could be that you don't have permission to
access the X server from the account you are now trying.  The
error message suggests that it couldn't get the graphics configuration
which would be consistent with not having access to the xserver.

Don Murray