20050419: IDV - Slow download

>From: "Aaron Gilstad" <address@hidden>

Hi Aaron-

>Institution: ND Atmospheric Resource Board
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: Mac OSX
>Hardware Information: Power PC G4, 2Ghz ram
>Inquiry: I am unable to download even a single radar image.   It receives data
> , but is so slow as to be useless for any kind of forecasting or even case st
> udy activity.  After 2hours trying to get radar froma single site I gave up.

Radar imagery should not take that long to download.

What server are you accessing data from?  What speed is your link
to the internet?

To access the radar data, you will need to make sure that your
firewall (if you have one) allows connections on port 112, 500 and
503.  However, if these were blocked, you should get a timeout
error well before 2 hours.

I would also suggest that you use the latest 1.2b2 version instead
of 1.1.  It has many bug fixes and enhancements.

Don Murray