Re: Underlying maps and colorfilled contour plan view

Hi Roderick,
Your email to the idvusers mailing list bounced to our support mail
because the message was too long due to the attachments.

1) I used Global Mapper to ingest U.S. Census bureau 2004 tigerline data =
and saving the line data(streets) as a shapefile.  I use this as a map =
display.  When I do a color filled contour plan view
I have to rotate the view to get the map to show.  When I first do the =
view the map is not there. What will prevent this and allow the map to =
display automatically?

The problem is probably due to both the map and the color filled display
being on the same z position. In the gui for the shape file display you can set the z position directly with the "Vertical Position" slider
(assuming you are running the latest 1.2b2 release.)

2)Can I make the zero value of the colorfilled contour plan view =
transparent?
Yes. Bring up the color table editor for the color table for the particular
display (Click on the color bar in the legend or from the display controls
Edit->Color Table->Edit Color Table menu).

Choose the "Transparency" Edit mode radio button. Select "100%" from the
transparency
menu. Drag the little break point triangle on the left. This acts like a
transparency
paint brush. As you change the color table you should see the change take
effect in the
main display. When you are done hit OK.
Note: This just changes the color table for that particular display. If you
want to
change the color table permanently select "Save" from the color table editor
File menu.

If anyone can please tell me why the attached picture has =
cells that don't show any color. Mydata does not extend into the areas =
where the squares are.

Again, our support mail system munged the attachment. Can you send this image directly to me: address@hidden

Thanks,
Jeff