20050329: IDV - Doesnt Execute

>From: "Paul F" <address@hidden>

Hi Paul-

>Institution: Not Listed / Not Listed
>Package Version: New Version
>Operating System: Mac OS X new version
>Hardware Information: 70GB 1 GB Memory
>Inquiry: I just downloaded the newer version of the IDV for my Mac OS X and it
> s downloaded to my application folder. Now when I press on the runIDV it does
> nt execute. Not sure what to do.

Do you get an error message popping up saying it can't find the
application to execute runIDV or something like that?

Our installer system for Mac is not the greatest.  If you
open a terminal window and go to the directory where the
runIDV script is and type runIDV, does it start up?

Also, see the Known Problems entry on this:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Bugs.html

Don Murray