20050318:Problems finding data to download

I have looked at the documentation that you provided. Can you provide me with a web address from which I can extract raw data to which I can save on a diskette. I installed UNIDATA IDV on my home computer, but I don't have the Internet at home. (I have it at work and at the university). I would like to experiment with the "ins and outs" of this package at home. All I want is one or two sample datasets.

Dan,
Unidata does not normally provide data except through our opendap and adde servers and through the LDM/IDD system. However, on our ftp site there is a sample model file that you
can use:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/idv/ruc.nc

-Jeff