20050224: IDV - Reading from OPeNDAP URLs with IDV

>From: Roland Schweitzer <address@hidden>

Hi Roland-

>I was "anti-HTML" email for a long time for just this reason, but
>everybody at PMEL seems to like it so I went over the dark side.

Geez, you'll be running Windows next. ;-)

>This should be plain text, if Netscape does what I want it to do.

Came through fine.  Thanks.

>>What tag would you use?  Would it be a Ferret convention?  If so,
>>is there documentation on just what that entails?
>>
>Actually, we just discussing this among ourselves.  I believe in fact
>that every URL served by this software combination (LAS and FDS) will be
>"COARDS" so we'll either use "COARDS" or "CF" since I guess if you're
>COARDS then your CF by definition.

I think it's the other way around (CF implies COARDS).

>>Okay.  When I say it worked, I meant that I got a parameter listed.
>>However, when I tried to plot 3 times, the IDV bogged down.  I'm not
>>sure where this was happening.
>>

>I'm not sure either.  Three time steps shouldn't be that big.

I'll try again and see what's up.  I'm in the middle of development
code and there could be some inefficiencies somewhere.

>I'll have a look at it as soon as I can.

I'll let you know where to pick it up when we release it.

Don