20050222: IDV - Problem in IDV: NoClassDefFoundError

>From: Jochen Deyke <address@hidden>

Hi Jochen-

>> The problem is that it can't find Java 3D.  Are you running through
>> Web Start?  If so, we have just recently encountered this problem also
>> and are looking into a solution.  For some reason, on SPARC systems,
>> Java 3D is not being downloaded or accessible from a place that
>> Web Start can find.
>
>Yes; I used the WebStart link on the IDV website.  Please let me know
>whenyou have resolved this problem.

Will do.  It seems to be a problem only with Solaris/SPARC systems.
It used to work.  What version of Solaris are you running?

>> Also, please note that the IDV will not work with Java version 1.5.
>
>According to your launch file, it requires "1.4+", which includes 1.5.
>What exactly doesn't work with 1.5?

We were just discussing that this morning and are looking at solutions.
The jython.jar is incompatible with 1.5.

>I will give that a try when other possibilities have been exhausted.

In general, unless you are going to be using a lot of web based
bundles, we suggest using the InstallAnywhere version because Web Start
causes headaches of the type you are seeing.

Don Murray