20041224: IDV - Displaying CDC Reanalysis NETCDF Files

>From: "bob kleyla" <address@hidden>

Hi Bob-

>Institution: NWS
>Package Version: Latest Version
>Operating System: Windows XP
>Hardware Information: Dell
>Inquiry: I have been trying to use IDV to display NETCDF Files from CDC\'s Rea
> nalysis Project.  However each time I bring in a file I can only get it to di
> splay as a Color Shaded Plan View and can\'t get it to display as a Contour P
> lan View or Color Filled Contour Plan View.  This occurs with every file I ha
> ve brought in from CDC\'s site.  Is there something I have to do to get these
>  files to display as Contours?  I have attached two graphics of what my displ
> ay looks like.

Unfortunately, there is a bug with our support for which ends
up sending 0 length attachments so I couldn't view your images.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but in the mean time:

1) what particular field are you trying to read in and could
you send the URL of the catalog/file?
2) If you bring up the control window for the contour view,
do the contour paramaters seem reasonable (i.e. interval, max/min)
for the parameter you are viewing?

Don Murray