20041206: IDV - Bundles per IDV Instance

As you recall my application is build around the need to create, store, and retreive visualizations. You identified bundling as the solution, but I need the following (especially #1 !!!!) in order to utilize bundles in my design.
1.  I need to save the state of a single IDV window, even though I may have
multiples open.  I then need to utilize that bundle at a later time and apply
it to a given IDV window that may be open.  Based on discussions with Jeff this
will not work because the bundle feature saves the entire state of the IDV when
it is saved.  i.e. if two or more IDV windows are open all of their states are
saved to given bundle.

That is correct. Right now bundles capture the entire state. I will look into what it would take to capture subsets of the application state.

2.  I need to control bundling through code.  Don't need bundles GUIs or
operatar interaction.  Can utilize bundles without displaying the GUIs?

The class, ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager handles all of the bundle creation and re-creation. There are a variety of methods in the class for saving and loading bundles (e.g., doSave, decodeXmlFile) that can be called and/or overwritten by your code.

3.  The bundles I need to create will be a description of the DataChoices and
their respective DisplayControls.  The DataSouces will change and will need to
contolr this with code.  i.e.  apply same bundle to different models?

Right now we don't have a facility for this. The saving of a bundle without data does not save off the data choices associated with a display control. Rather,
it removes all data choices from the displays.

-Jeff