20041210: IDV - Rainfall Rate for Level II data

>From: "Greg Salottolo" <address@hidden>

Hi Greg-

>Institution: NTSB
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_01
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_1.1\\jre;
>Inquiry: Good Afternoon:
>
>I have created a Marshall Palmer relationship for rainfall rate using the jyth
> on libraries for
>Level III data. How could I create a similiar MP relationship for Level II dat
> a using the
>jython libraries?

In theory, you should be able to just pass in you Level II reflectivity
field just as you do your Level III data.  This used to work, but doing
this in 1.1 will give an exception.  Unfortunately, I don't have
a workaround for it.  It will be fixed in the 1.2b1 release at the
end of the month.  Sorry.

Don Murray