20041209: IDV - Output file

>From: "Karen Kosiba" <address@hidden>

Hi Karen-

>Institution: Purdue University
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_01
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_1.1\\jre;
>Inquiry: Hi Don,
>
>I changed machines (Windows XP Professional) and I can almost get an output fi
> le...  I am able to save
>in the jython library without errors and call up the script with a formula and
>  then after the computer does a bit of thinking I get this error:
>
>An error has occurred:
>ControlDescriptor.Creating display
>java.lang.NullPointerException

This is a bug in the 1.1 release and will be fixed in the next. I was
thinking that you could just call printField with the output from
your z2R Jython procedure instead of having to call it separately and
select a Display type.

>P.S. Where does the output file go?

It will go to a filename called "foo", probably in the IDV_1.1 directory.
If you want to specify where the file goes, then set your formula
to be:

printField(a, user_Filename)

and it will prompt you for the file name before continuing.  If you
want to set a default filename, then use:

printField(a, user_Filename[default="c:/foo.bar"])

Don