20041104: collaborating with bundles that have custom formulas

I have a nice little bundle that I'd like to give a
colleague, but it uses some custom
formulas and jython routines.   How do I best deliver
this to him?
I was thinking of just tarring my .metapps directory
and letting him fend for himself, but I imagine there
is a *slightly* more elegant way, right?

Hi Rich,
Unfortunately we do not have a totally elegant way to do this. This is something that is on our todo list though. Including the jython library into a bundle is something Don and I are trying to figure out.

You could tar up your .metapps directory or you could send along the files:
.metapps/DefaultIdv/derived.xml (holds the formulas) and default.py (holds the jython) and, after your colleague starts up the idv (to create his own .metapps dir) have him (or her) copy these two files into the .metapps/DefaultIdv
dir.

If you don't need for your colleague to see the actual formulas and just want them to run your bundle to see the displays that you have created that use the formulas you just need to give them the default.py
and they could copy that into their jython library editor.

-Jeff