20041021: IDV - Installation error

>From: "T.Harikrishnan" <address@hidden>

Hi-

>Institution: AMD
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: Linux
>Hardware Information: P-1V 512 MB RAM Open GL
>Inquiry: I tried installing with idv_1_1_linux_i586_installer.bin.
>
>It fails with these message:
>
>launching installer....
>
>xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>xlib: No protocol specified
>
>Invocatio of this Java application has caused an InvocationTargetException. Th
> is application will now exit (LAX)

>What could be the problem?

It looks like you started the X server on this system under one
user account and are now trying to run the IDV under another.
Is that possibly the case?

If so, you should log into the X server as the user you will
be running the IDV with or, you'll need to run the xhost command
and set your DISPLAY environment variable:

xhost +localhost
setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0

If this does not work for you, please give more details on where
you installed the IDV, under what user.  Also, are you installing
IDV on one machine and trying to run on another.

Lastly, try to change to the install directory (e.g., IDV_1.1)
and run the IDV startup script instead of the installer link:

cd IDV_1.1
./runIDV

It might be something with the link that the installer creates as
well.

Don Murray