20040822: IDV - problem with my sample case study catalog.

>From: "Ben Domenico" <address@hidden>

Hi Ben-

>Institution: UPC
>Package Version: 1.1
>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_05
> ; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\Java\\j2re1.4.2_05;
>Inquiry: An error has occurred:
>There was an error loading the data:
>Failed to open http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/projects/THREDDS/BenStuff/Da
> tadocs/Case2004Jul16.xml Data object "http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/proj
> ects/THREDDS/BenStuff/Datadocs/Case2004Jul16.xml" not compatible with "VisADD
> ataSource" data family
>
>This seemed to work before.  Maybe the new version of the IDD has different re
> quirements
>for THREDDS catalogs.  Let me know why it failed.

This looks like you are trying to open the catalog from the URL
chooser instead of the Catalog Chooser.  In the 1.1 release, the
URL chooser was moved to a separate tab, so the Catalog chooser
is now the 3rd tab in the default Data Source Selector.  I
just tried from the catalog chooser and it worked.  Try that
and if you have problems, let us know.

>******************
>Stack trace:
>ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Failed to open http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/
> content/projects/THREDDS/BenStuff/Datadocs/Case2004Jul16.xml Data object "htt
> p://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/projects/THREDDS/BenStuff/Datadocs/Case2004Ju
> l16.xml" not compatible with "VisADDataSource" data family
>       at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:808)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDat
> aViewer.java:1280)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataV
> iewer.java:1218)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataVie
> wer.java:1075)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv.handleAction(DefaultIdv.java:142)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataVie
> wer.java:1033)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.loadURLInner(UrlChooser.java:171
> )
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.loadURL(UrlChooser.java:147)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.access$000(UrlChooser.java:72)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser$1.run(UrlChooser.java:188)
>       at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$1.run(Misc.java:1448)

Don Murray