20040813: Alias editor

We are getting null pointers from the derived parameters when for everything
except wind when we change the names.

Dave,
It looks as though your data set, out.v5d, does not have units defined. The IDV fails when it tries to do calculations of the derived quantities because of the lack of units. We will look into a solution for this (perhaps using the parameter defaults facility to define default units for data based on parameter names). However, this will not be a quick fix. Is it possible to add units into your data set? If you do so you should use the
udunits conventions:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/udunits/udunits.txt

-Jeff