20040813: laying an image over a terrain in IDV

Hi Michael-

Michael Raines wrote:
Doug Lindholm suggested I ask you about this.
I have an image of some terrain (x,y)->pixelColor , and also a altitude grid (x,y)->z of the same terrain. I would like to generate an display with the appropriate color at the appropriate height.
How would you suggest that I do this in the context of IDV.

First download and install the latest version (1.1) which supports
draping 2D fields over topography.

Once you have the IDV running, load in both datasets (assuming
they are in netCDF files).
Choose the pixelColor dataset and the field and select the
"Color-Shaded Plan View Over Topography" display under the
3D surface category.  Then click on "Create Display".  You will
be prompted for the topography dataset.  From the chooser, pick
the altitude grid.

If this doesn't work for you, let me know by sending a message
to address@hidden

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters