20040722: Problems displaying level II radar data in IDV

>From: "HOETH, BRIAN R. (JSC-ZS) (LM)" <address@hidden>

Hi Brian-

>I cannot display level II radar data in IDV for some reason?  I can display
>other types of data (level III radar data, satellite), but not level II
>radar data?  I have attached a file which contains the errors that I
>received and it also has my OS information at the very bottom.
>I am running IDV 1.1, beta 3 and used the InstallAnywhere installer for IDV
>under Linux V1.1b3 (idv_1_1b3_linux_i586_installer.bin)
></downloads/141/idv_1_1b3_linux_i586_installer.bin>  file to install IDV on
>my linux PC.
>We get the level II radar data via LDM from CRAFT and just file the raw
>(i.e. compressed) data into a directory called /data/raw/radar/level2

This is the problem.  The data must be uncompressed for the IDV to
read it.

>I followed the instructions in the User's Guide for displaying level 2 data
>at:
>http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idv/docs/userguide/quickstart/Ra
>darLevelII.html#chooser
><http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idv/docs/userguide/quickstart/R
>adarLevelII.html#chooser>
>Any ideas on why it won't display?

For now, you'll need to uncompress the data before the IDV can read
it.  We are working on reading the bzip'd data and hope to have it
in the next release.

Don Murray
~