20040601: Relative Path to datas in XIDV files

As I told, I'm doing some demo setups.
I'm saving views as .xidv files.
The path to the data source is absolute (ie c:/dir/file.xidv)
I'd like to have relative path to the files.
In order to disrtibute datasets along with views.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Bernard,
Currently the IDV does not have the facility to save off relative paths of data sources. However, some of our latest development efforts have focused on richer mechanisms for saving bundle files. I will discuss with Don Murray the possibility of adding the ability
to convert absolute paths to relative paths.

As a (not too pretty) work around to your problem you could edit the xidv file. It is formatted and somewhat easy to read xml. You should see the name of your data file somewhere in the
xml. If you (carefully) change that name to a relative path it should work.

-Jeff McWhirter