20040526: GRR - Real Time Data missing for Last firday !!!

>From: Karthik Samudram Jayaraman <address@hidden>

Hi Karthik-

>Last Friday there was a heavy downpour in and around kalamazoo
>(Michigan) area. We tried to get the Real time data from Grand rapids
>station on the same day. But on IDV, the GRR station was not to be
>seen at all. So we were not able to view the real time info using
>the GRR station. We did use the Detroit station though. Grand rapids
>would have helped us better. What could have happened to GRR
>station? was it down because of the heavy showers / wind?

Do you ever see the GRR data plotted?  I assume you are talking about
METAR data.  Did you have decluttering turned on?

I looked at the historical data with McIDAS and the data were there,
so they should have been plotted if you got the data from
adde.ucar.edu.

Don Murray