20040422: IDV solaris build - no 3D

>From: Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>

Tom-

>The Solair/SPARC InstallAnywhere for 1.1b3 does not appear to contain Java3D.
>  Pete & I were trying to install in the classroom today and, well, couldn't.
>
>The jre/lib/exe/ directory is empty.

Arrrrrgggghhhh!  I thought I had Russ test this.   Would you please
download:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/idv/untested/idv_1_1b3_solaris_sparc_installer.bin

and try that?  If it works, I'll move it into the main download link.

>Also, he did ask why "IDV" instead of "idv" -- I told him I'd ask ;-)

Because it's the Integrated Data Viewer not the integrated data viewer. ;-)
Seems like people don't like to hold the caps lock down so we're slowly
migrating to lower case.  You can now access the homepage as:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idv
                                   or       IDV.

BTW, check out the examples page.  Jeff did some work on it.
We'd love feedback.

Don