20040412: Two questions about IDV

>From: "wkleong" <address@hidden>

Hi Ivan-

>     How are you?  I am Ivan.  Thanks for your reply at first.
>
>    I've check the version of IDV we are running is 1.0.1.  and we
>are running it in linux system.

Okay, thanks for the information.

>   The type of data we are using is netCDF files on disk.  Actually,  we've
>downloaded the AVN, MRF and AVN 2 week numerial prognostic data
>everyday in grib format and we use ncl to convert them in nc file.

Okay.

>   I'll try to solve the first problem using your suggestion ( create a link
>between the latest data available and a file called "latest".

That's still my best suggestion.

>   Is the IDV version 1.0.1 latest? If not, which one is the latest version?

The latest version is 1.1 beta 3.  Even though it is a beta version it
is stable and has better features than 1.0.1.

To keep up on IDV information, I suggest you subscribe to the
IDV user mailing list (address@hidden).  We announce
new releases and other IDV information there.  It is also a list
where you could ask questions and share suggestions with other IDV
users.  You can subscribe to the list from the IDV homepage:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV

>Thanks for your kind assistance.

You are welcome.

Don Murray