20040322: IDV 1.1 beta 3 available

>From: Bernard Mendiburu <address@hidden>

Hi Bernard-

>I'm curently learning the netbeans IDE in order to give IDV the ability to
>access some of our medical datas.

I'm embarrased at the state of our developer docs and it is a high
priority for the next few months.

>Our files are IMG files (also knowed as Analyze 7.5)
>They're composed of a header file in full text and a data file in raw
>integers packed together.
>
>Could you give me some advices :
>Where in the code i could find a sample to use as an basis and modify it ?

You would need a chooser to select the data (see the
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser package) and then a DataSource that
would do the hard work.  The IDV would pass the selected object
from the chooser to the DataSource. Maybe you could create an
ObjectPair (ucar.unidata.util package) holding the two files.
You could take a look at any of the DataSource implementations
in the packages under ucar.unidata.data.  The DataSource creates
a set of DataChoice objects in doMakeDataChoices() and it uses
these to generate the appropriate VisAD data object.

If that's not enough to get you going, let me know.

Don