20040317: IDV - W2K - installer download never begins

>From: "Steve Conelley" <address@hidden>

Steve-

>Institution: Type9
>Package Version: IDV 1.1 beta 3
>Operating System: W2K
>Hardware Information: 2.0 GHz P4
>Inquiry: After logging on and selecting the installer, I watch the Windows \"F
> ile Download\" dialog, industriously throwing the Earth\'s papers into a fold
> er. And I sit and sit, and sit, and sit, and....
>
>Is this a server-side issue? Something I said? A secret?
>
>Please advise.
>

>Thanks in advance for your help.

To download the IDV, we must be able to resolve who is downloading
the software.  I'm guessing that we can't do a forward and reverse
name lookup on your system.  See the item in our FAQ:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#faq1_cat2_2

on this isse.

You could contact your service provider to see if they have a proxy
server you could download to that can be identified.

Don Murray