20040302: IDV data probe visibility

>From: Bill Hibbard <address@hidden>

Hi Bill-

>One approach is take the Data obejct for the probe, call it
>probe_data, and put it a Tuple (probe_data, z) and replace
>the ConstantMap to ZAxis with a ScalarMap z -> ZAxis. Can
>this work for you?

I'll have to ponder this.  The probe is acutally a shape, but
I don't see why this wouldn't work.  Of course, then I'd have
to implement all the listener code as well. ;-)

>Changing DisplayImpl.removeMap() fills me with fear.

The stuff for ScalarMaps works fine.  It was just the
section on ConstantMaps.  I'm assuming that this needs
to be done because Display ConstantMaps can affect all
data depictions.  I'm just wondering if for ConstantMaps
that are associated with just a DataReference whether this
is the same logic that gets executed (or needs to be).

Once I get the IDV release out next week, I can try to look
at this.  I wouldn't want to test any changes until then
anyway. ;-)

Don