Re: time syncing in IDV

Tom-

Tom Whittaker wrote:

Attached is a bundle. It remotely reads Aune's CRAS model run from 12Z and puts up some displays. It also puts up a cross section.

The x-sect control window has it's own animation tools, but they seem to interact with the main display in ways that are unexpected. From both windows not animating, if I start the animation in one, the other one steps once.

Thanks for finding this bug.  The problem was caused by the fact
that times in a Vis5D file are days since 1900 instead of seconds
since the epoch.  In the animation system, I was calling
doubleToIndex() using a value in units of seconds since the
epoch which would come back as an index of -1.  What you were
seeing with the jump is that the other window would jump to the
last timestep when it got this value.  I changed it so it would
use the correct units and now it seems to work.

If I try to start the animation in both, the animation "jumps" like it is being controlled by two, independent processes.

This is a problem I still have not figured a solution to.  What
happens is that both widgets are sharing and both trying to control
the animation.  The workaround is to always control the animation
looping from one window.

I made sure "share" is checked in the two window's animation controls "I" boxes...didn't know what else to do except write!

Yes, the problem was all mine. ;-)  Thanks for the detailed
message and the bundle.  Very cool animation!

Don Murray