20040220: Problems with Cataloged data access

>From: "Dan Bramer" <address@hidden>

Hi Dan-

>I do not know if this is the first or the three hundredth time you've heard
>this, but incase its the former, I though you should know that for some
>reason the Data Sources available under the cataloged Data tab in the Data
>Source Selector is acting 'funny.' By funny, I mean:
>
>I am getting shut out of motherlode catalogs (unknown xml error)
>Entries for Other catalogs giving 'Error creating data source' error
>Exception printed below.

What is the URL of the catalog you are accessing?   Not all catalog
datasources are compatible with the IDV.  This looks like a catalog
version problem though.

>ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Error creating data source:DODS.Grid
>with:http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/dodsC/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.derived/other_ga
>uss/csulftop.mon.inter.std.nc
>ucar.unidata.util.WrapperExceptionjava.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP
>response code: 500 for URL:
>http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/dodsC/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.derived/other_gauss/c
>sulftop.mon.inter.std.nc.dds?
>java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
>http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/dodsC/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.derived/other_gauss/c
>sulftop.mon.inter.std.nc.dds?
>       at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:662)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.
>java:3686)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.ja
>va:3654)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java
>:3532)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java
>:3495)
>       at
>ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser.handleActionsInThread(XmlChooser.java:40
>4)
>       at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser$4.run(XmlChooser.java:389)
>       at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$1.run(Misc.java:1059)
>
>Just thought you should know.

There was a problem with the real time model data for a while this
weekend, but this looks like a different dataset that you are going
after.

Don Murray