20040211: IDV and v5d file

>From: Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>

Tom-

>When I try to get this file:
>
>http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/model/daily/cras00.v5d
>
>as a URL of type Vis5D, I get the follow exception.

Well, if it doesn't work, don't do that. ;-)

>If I download the file
>and read it locally, it reads and displays just fine.

Do this instead. ;-)

The problem is that the V5DStruct uses a RandomAccessFile which
won't work on a remote file.  It might be possible to use the
HTTPRandomAccessFile like netCDF does, but that would involve
a change to the visad.data.Vis5DForm package.

Would you like a better error message?

Don Murray