20031227: TimeSeries initial location

>From: "Paul Gifford" <address@hidden>

Hi Paul-

>  When I make a time series the point on the map is always set to 0,0
>initially.  This occurs even if I use a built in data retriever rather than
>my own (such as Gridded data).
>
>  Is there a way to specify the point on the map to display the time series
>for?

You can call the setPosition(RealTuple) method passing in a point in XY
space. Right now, this is usually done during the unpersistence of a bundle.
Also, you could all loadTimeSeries(RealTuple) and pass in an XY or
a lat/lon point.

If you have something else in mind, let us know.

>PS Sorry for sending this to many e-mail addresses.  I'm not sure which
>works any more.  I sent an e-mail a couple of months ago about something
>else and never received a reply.  Obviously it wasn't a pressing matter :)

The correct address is address@hidden.  I'm sorry that
you didn't get a response to your earlier message.  Let us know
if you still have questions about that issue.

Will you be at AMS this year?  If so, we should touch base.  I'll
be there all week.

Don