20031205: IDV visualisation features -> Stereo and Geowall

>From: Bernard Mendiburu <address@hidden>

Hi Bernard-

>I got a pair of 3D shutter glasses for some days.
>Effectively, the eye separation need control.
>The hard-coded value is far too big.
>It's almost impossible to make the "fusion" and get the 3d.
>Another usefull control would be a "overall deph position".
>i.e. the Z-position of the box.
>It's currently "in front of the screen" and it would be usefull, and
>extremely confortable to "push" the volume inside the screen.

Great.  I'll see if I can cobble some UI widget together to allow this.
This is the kind of feedback I was looking for.

>Fotios is a Java Programmer in the LONI, and he's looking at the visAD / IDV
>code in orer to implement the IMG file format.
>I've forwarded him our previous email and told him that he could email you
>if he needs some information.

Sounds good.  I'll be in SF most of next week, but will be checking
email periodically.

Don
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support