20031205: EMEP and IDV

One more update:

Don Murray wrote:

So, for your stations, you could create an idv.rbi that would be:

<resourcebundle  name="Default">

<!-- The list of station table xml files -->
  <resources name="application.resource.locations">
    <resource location="%SITEPATH%/emepstations.xml"/>
  </resources>

</resourcebundle>

Put this and the emepstations.xml (change the file name from
userstations.xml or change the name in the rbi file) in a publicly
accessible location (disk file or web address).  You can
add in as many different station tables as you want.  Right now,
they are in addition to the set that is sent with the IDV, but
they do show up at the top of the list.

Actually, there is a way you can limit the station tables that
are shown to only be the ones specified in your rbi file.  If
you make the rbi file be:

<resourcebundle  name="Default">

<!-- The list of station table xml files -->
   <resources name="application.resource.locations" loadmore="false" >
     <resource location="%SITEPATH%/emepstations.xml"/>
   </resources>

</resourcebundle>

(i.e., add in the loadmore="false")

this will only load in stations specified in this idv.rbi and
ones in the user's path (~/.metapps/DefaultIdv/idv.rbi).  For
the user resource bundles, the idv.properties sets the loading
of these as:

application.resourcefiles=%USERPATH%/idv.rbi;%SITEPATH%/idv.rbi;%IDVPATH%/idv.rbi

So, in this case, it will only read the station resources in the
%USERPATH%/idv.rbi and the %SITEPATH%/idv.rbi.  Normally, there
are no files specified in the user's version, so in this case
it will only show the ones in the resource bundle specified at
the site path. (%USERPATH% is the ~/.metapps/DefaultIdv directory.
There is an idv.rbi template put in there by default in 1.1b2).

If any of this is not clear, please let me know.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters