20031021:IDV problem saving Jython script

Tom,

I see what you mean. Using the Linux beta2 installer gets the error

jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -jar idv.jar
ERROR ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer - An error has occurred
Writing jython library org.python.core.PyException
null
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: no module named visad

when you open the Edit->Formulas->Jython library editor, and click on
Save,
with or without a default.py, and with or without a default.xidv. This
does not happen in our current development build. It must be somehow
caused by the installer.

This happens after displays using visad were made, so why it can't
import visad is odd.

Back soon -

Stu

> >To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> >From: Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>
> >Subject: IDV problem saving Jython script
>
> Running 1.1b2...
>
> If I run a Jython script right after I start up the IDV, everything seems to
> be "fine".
>
> If I first edit (actually, I don't even have to change it) a script and then
> try to 'save' it, however...I get:
>
> ERROR ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer - An error has occurred
> Writing jython library org.python.core.PyException
> null
> Traceback (innermost last):
>    File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: no module named visad
>
> It looks like there is a bogus 'import' when maybe a
> This happens even if I start with an empty "defaults.py" file.
>
> Help...thanks...
>
> tom
>
> --
> Tom Whittaker (address@hidden)
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> Space Science and Engineering Center
> Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies
> Phone/VoiceMail: 608.262.2759
>
> ------- End of Forwarded Message

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service