20031008: IDV and RedHat 7.3

Donna,

About the error starting the IDV Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on
display ":0.0"

Two possibilties are you do not have the x support rpm for GLX
installed, or you need a Linux driver for an Nvidia graphics card.

If you are not using the Nvidia binary drivers with their GLX package
then
the two RPM's you need are
XFree86-GLX-4.3.0-15
XFree86-GLX-devel-4.3.0-15

doing this : rpm -qa | grep -i glx
do you see this?
XFree86-GLX-4.3.0-15
XFree86-GLX-devel-4.3.0-15

supposedly the GLX drivers for XFree86 4.X. "This is required, if you
want to use DRI for XFree86 4.x 3D support." DRI is the 3D graphics
accelerator.

But I don't see it on my system, all I see with rpm -qa | grep -i gl
is qt1x-GL-1.45-16
Do you see even that?

So I bet, like me, you have an Nvidia graphics card.  Can you say, and
if so what kind?

Stu

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service