Re: 20030721:video card for IDV/VGEE

David,

Generally the Nvidia cards are ok, and ATI cards have some trouble with
Java3D. Don Murray is using an ATI video card on Windows. We are seeing
some minor problems with NVidia now on Linux, which may be our own
doing, though they did not occur until recently.  With the constant
change in java, software built on Java, and video systems there is no
fixed answer to this question. There is no clear winner for the IDV.

Stu Wier

>         I am working with Raj on the DLESE project and am trying to spec out
> the
> correct video card for GIS software and IDV.  I have spoken with ESRI and
> they tell me that they have had no trouble using NVIDIA video cards.  Do you
> have any suggestions/recommendations for a card to work with VGEE?
>
> David Smith
> UCAR/DLESE
> (303) 497-2604
> address@hidden
>
> ------- End of Forwarded Message

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service