Re: 20030712: IDV 1.0.1

Thanks, Don.

I'll give it another try tonight with the updated version.

-- Benny

--On Saturday, July 12, 2003 9:17 AM -0600 Don Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

Tom-

I figured out the problem that you and Ben are having accessing
imagery.  At some point, I changed the AddeImageSelector class
(which gets both images and radar) to make the default user
string be the first 4 characters of the user's name:

getDefault (key, ".user",
System.getProperty("user.name").substring(0,4)));

For ben this fails because his user id is only three characters.
I'm guessing that for your home account, it's something like
"tom", i.e., less than 4 chars.

My bad.  I'll fix the code and make a new idv.jar for
the release on monday.  In the meantime, create a user
account with more than 4 chars. ;-)

Sorry for the problem.  Thanks for the output, it helped.

Don

Tom Whittaker wrote:

Here's the output when I clicked "connect" for an image (got the same
for radar).  I don't know if this will mean anything, but I could get
grids, but when I tried to get point and raob data, I got a "connection
refused" error - I am going thru a commercial ISP.  Although none of the
following seems to have come from the 'debug-enabled' code I added...and
I don't have the source for the IDV so put any debug in
AddeImageSelector...

Hope your back is Much Better!!!!!
tom

C:\Program Files\IDV_1.0.1>jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -jar idv.jar
ERROR ucar.unidata.util.LogUtil - An exception has occurred
serverChanged
String index out of range: 4
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 4
         at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
         at
ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeImageSelector.getUserProj(AddeImageSelect
or.java:586)
         at
ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeImageSelector.setImageTypeList(AddeImageS
elector.java:503)
         at
ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeImageSelector.serverChangedInner(AddeImag
eSelector.java:294)
         at
ucar.unidata.ui.imagery.AddeImageSelector$2.run(AddeImageSelector.jav
a:283)
         at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$1.run(Misc.java:976)

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison