20030624: IDV - OS X - Compiled version?

>From: "Wayne Jones" <address@hidden>

Wayne-

>Institution: NWS GSP
>Package Version: 1.0
>Operating System: OS X
>Hardware Information: Mac G4
>Inquiry: Hi!  This IDV package looks great.  Is there, or is there going to be
>  soon, a compiled version for Mac OS X?  If not, I should be able to get the
> source - my PowerBook runs the latest Java stuff just fine.  Thanks!

Mac OS X does not support Java 3D.  The IDV may run in a limited
fashion under OS X, however the display of imagery is painfully
slow.  We do not test on OS X, but you could give it a try and
see what works and what doesn't.

Try following the instructions at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_starting.html

under Downloading the files manually and see if that works for you.

Don Murray