20030604: Class ColorScale (cont.)

To: address@hidden
From: "Cicero A. W. Zandonna" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20030603: Class ColorScale

Hi Cicero-

Thanks for the answer, this explains others divergences betwen code and doc too.

Sorry about this.  Our class structure is in flux as we delete
obsolete code.  Where are the docs you are looking at - on the
web or from metapps_doc.jar?

But the "ucar.unidata.ui.ColorTableEditor" still isn't the class I am looking for. I want to use the component "color legend bar" as it is called in the IDV's user guide. That little scale at the botton of the display. Please tell me which class this is.

The class is ucar.unidata.idv.control.ColorTableWidget

I would like to report a little bug too (and sugest how to solve it):

In the setMinMax() method of the "ucar.unidata.ui.ColorTableCanvas" class a casting is done:

double d = new Double (min).doubleValue ();

This might work very well in US and other countrys were the decimal separator is the dot ".". But here in Brasil and some other places (most of the countrys) the comma "," is used.

When the range textFields are generated the "format(double value)" method of the "ucar.unidata.util.Misc" class is called, and the formating is done "right" :

getDecimalFormat (value).format (value)"

An in Brasil the string generated is for example: 100,00

So in the way back (parsing) the "java.text.DecimalFormat" class should be used to. Or an exception accurs, like in the sceenshot I am sending.

I dont know if I was sufficiency clear. Its a little dificult to explain something in another language. Let me know if somethig is not understood. And don't forget the question I made up there.

Thanks for reporting this.  I'll look into it and get back to
you.

Don
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support