Re: 20030415:IDV for EMEP

Heiko,

You can make colored-filled grid cells with the IDV. Make a Color-Shaded
Plan View display. Uncheck the Shade Colors checkbox on the display
control, which you bring up by right clicking on the display label, the
line such as "D2 HMX00 2D Color-Shaded Plan View" under the display.

A example using your data is attached.

> > Showing our data-grid as color-filled rectangle (see i.e.
> > http://webdab.emep.int ) is quite vital for us. Our models gives us
> > values per cell, and we receive emission from countries per cell.
> > Scientifically, it makes sense to smoothe the cells by using contours,
> > but politically, we have to show exactly the values per cell as
> > color-filled rectangle.

The 66 MB memory limit is a problem with how I built the InstallAnywhere
installer file. But you can have unlimited memory on Windows with the
version you have now. Open a command prompt, 'cd' to the install
directory and manually
start the "runIDV.bat" file.

Cheers

Stuart
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service