Re: 20030415:IDV for EMEP

Heiko,

> I see the limit on all machines. But I didn't use runIDV, but the IDV
> script, which is installed in my bin-directory by InstallAnywhere.
> 'runIDV' can only be started from within the IDV-1.6b directory (or I
> have to modify the script to the correct pathes). On Windows, I could
> only find the IDV script, not the runIDV script. I guess, the
> InstallAnywhere way is to modify the IDV.lax property file and to use IDV.

I do not have the answer for the memory limit for you but this defines
where it is happening so we can look into it.

> Showing our data-grid as color-filled rectangle (see i.e.
> http://webdab.emep.int ) is quite vital for us. Our models gives us
> values per cell, and we receive emission from countries per cell.
> Scientifically, it makes sense to smoothe the cells by using contours,
> but politically, we have to show exactly the values per cell as
> color-filled rectangle.

The IDV does not have a way to color-fill grid cells by value but that
seems like something that could be possible. Radar scientists often do
the same thing: they want to know the exact observational value at each
point.
I will add this to new features to be considered. After we get the next
release out in two weeks I will see if we can do this.

Stuart

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service