[LDM #GHA-946718]: Lost connectivity to idd.unidata.ucar.edu at 10:41 UTC

Hi,

re:
>  20210726T125142.626364Z 140.172.139.62[18484] NOTE ldmd.c:187:cleanup()
> Exiting 20210726T125333.201212Z idd.unidata.ucar.edu[10800] WARN
> error.c:236:err_log() Couldn't connect to LDM on idd.unidata.ucar.edu using
> either port 388 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection timed
> out 20210726T125357.966760Z 140.90.100.133[18830] NOTE ldmd.c:187:cleanup()
> Exiting

A quick check of the real-time stats that mammatus.ttu.edu is sending back
to us shows that there was an interruption in NEXRAD3 data received on mammatus
during the 11 and 12 UTC hours, but the data resumed sometime in the 13 UTC
hour.  The rtstats plot for NEXRAD3 also shows that the data you are not
receiving is coming from idd.meteo.psu.edu:

https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NEXRAD3+mammatus.ttu.edu

Given the above, my reading of what is going on is:

- you are receiving data, so setting up redundant feeds for NEXRAD3
  is working as expected

- since we have done nothing on our end, the change is likely due to
  something at TTU

Musing:

It is "interesting" that your outage started at about the same time as
the powerdown in the NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputer Center (NWSC) started.
This should have not have had an effect on your ability to get data
from idd.unidata.ucar.edu as we had switched that service over to a
new cluster housed at the NCAR Mesa Lab in Boulder, and you had been
receiving data from that cluster for several days.  The only thing I
can imagine is that there was/is some setup in the TTU security
perimeter that changed thus blocking LDM REQUESTs to idd.unidata.ucar.edu
and once again allowing/enabling REQUESTs to idd.meteo.psu.edu.

Ticket ID: GHA-946718
Department: Support IDD