[LDM #PFH-426407]: LDM Connection

Hi,

re:
> Support - Lost connection to idd.unidata.ucar.edu    ????
>
> ldmping idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> 20210721T154111.953548Z ldmping[31688] INFO ldmping.c:51:print_label() State
>   Elapsed Port   Remote_Host           rpc_stat
> 20210721T154111.957809Z ldmping[31688] INFO error.c:236:err_log() Resolving
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu to 128.117.130.3 took 0.003476 seconds
> 20210721T154121.958245Z ldmping[31688] ERROR ldmping.c:75:print_hstat()
> SVC_UNAVAIL  10.004107    0   idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> h_clnt_create(idd.unidata.ucar.edu): Timed out while creating connection

Yesterday evening at 6 MDT (Wednesday 0Z) the DNS for the idd.unidata.ucar.edu
cluster was changed to point at a new, more robust cluster housed at the
NCAR Mesa Lab in Boulder, CO.  The reason for the change was an impending week
long power down at the NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputer Center in Cheyenne, WY,
that will begin this coming Monday at 6 am.  This change was announced to the
address@hidden email list a day before the change.  If you or someone
else at NCDC is not subscribed to the ldm-users email list, it would be a good
idea to subscribe so that you will be informed of changes like this in the
future.

One can (un)subscribe to any of the email lists that we maintain online at:

The output from your 'ldmping' invocation shows that the IP address for
the new instance of the idd.unidata.ucar.edu is resolvable, so the inability
to connect to the LDM on idd.unidata.ucar.edu is surprising.

Can you check to see if the situation continue by running the following:

<as 'ldm' on your LDM machine>
notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Since the real-server backends of the idd.unidata.ucar.edu relay cluster
are configured with blanket ALLOWs for machines whose domain resolves to
'.gov', there should be nothing on our end that is (was?) causing the
problem you have reported.

Ticket ID: PFH-426407
Department: Support IDD