[IDD #QNT-569147]: Status of NEXRAD Level 2 data feed

Hi,

re:
> Overnight, we lost our connection to the Level 2 NEXRAD data feed.  It
> appears to us that the IP addresses were changed.  Can you confirm if this
> is a temporary change or long-term?

We switched DNS for idd.unidata.ucar.edu to point at a new, more robust
cluster housed in the NCAR Mesa Lab in Boulder yesterday evening.  The
reason for this changes was a week long powerdown starting next Monday
morning at 6 am MDT at the location where the idd.unidata.ucar.edu cluster
is located, the NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputer Center.  This change was announced
in advance to the address@hidden email list.  The DNS will
likely be changed back after the powerdown, but this change back is
not guaranteed.

If you are not subscribed to the address@hidden email list,
you should subscribe so that you will see announcements like this in
the future:

re:
> Also, if there was an email notification for this change, could you forward
> it along to me as it doesn't appear our team was on the distribution list
> and this does impact our live real-time operations.

Here is the body of the email sent to the ldm-users email list:

"Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 13:38:29 -0600

Users of UCAR top level IDD relay cluster idd.unidata.ucar.edu,

At 0 UTC Wednesday (Tuesday, 18:00 MDT) the DNS for the UCAR top level
IDD relay cluster, idd.unidata.ucar.edu, will be changed to point at a
newly created cluster at the NCAR Mesa Lab in Boulder, CO.  The reason
for this change is the facility housing the idd.unidata.ucar.edu cluster,
the NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputing Center (NWSC) in Cheyenne, WY, will
be powered down next Monday, July 26 at 12 UTC, to upgrade power for a
new supercomputer.  The power down is currently scheduled to last until
Monday, August 2.

What, if anything, will you need to do?

It is anticipated that sites feeding from idd.unidata.ucar.edu will
_not_ need to do anything!  We are sending this heads-up just in case
the transition does not go as smoothly as is expected.

Please send any/all questions/comments to:

address@hidden

Best Regards,

Unidata User Support"

> idd.unidata.ucar.edu: