[IDD #IZG-283805]: Fwd: [ldm-users] 20210521: upcoming change to the IDD FNEXRAD datastream

Hi,

re:
> By "old feed" I just meant the EXP that I was getting from
> mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov.  There are several projects in RAL that use this
> mrms data via the EXP feed from mrms-ldmout, and I am trying to determine
> if I should switch to the FNEXRAD feed from idd and ask all of these
> downstream projects to also change how they request and process files, or
> if I should just continue to use the EXP feed from mrms-ldmout.

Since we will not be relaying all of the products in the EXP feed from
NCEP/NCO, it would/will likely be best to continue to maintain the
feed you currently have.  Since the web page that I included in the
original announcement about upcoming changes to FNEXRAD lists all of
the products we will be relaying, you could use that list to see if
everything you and others in RAL are using will be available in
what we will be sending in FNEXRAD.  If all of the products you need
will be available, you could drop the direct feed from NCEP/NCO.

Reminder:

The web page I a referring to is:

FNEXRAD (FT13, NMC3)
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/fnexrad.html