[LDM #EOT-784687]: LDM Access request

Hi,

re: reverse DNS only if machine is in the computer center

> Yay, don’t want to make comments on this.

I understand.

re: setting up reverse DNS
> I have asked my colleague to work on the reverse DNS.
> Once he is done, I will update with you.

Once there is reverse DNS for either/both geo.gcoos.org and
om614a-00035.geos.tamu.edu either/both should be able to
REQUEST feed(s) from either idd.unidata.ucar.edu or
iddb.unidata.ucar.edu.

Comments:

- the reverse DNS will need to work for us, so the
  DNS information needs to be public rather than local

- if it turns out that reverse DNS can not be reliably setup for
  either/both of your machines, we can create a hardwired solution
  that will ALLOW your machines to REQUEST feeds from our
  top level IDD relay clusters

  The thing we can do is a "hack" in that it is very brittle, and
  so will break if the IP address of your machine changes.  We don't
  like to go this route because of the brittleness in this approach,
  but we can do it when needed.

  The other problem with our hardwiring a "solution" to your problem
  is that it will not work if/when you want/need to REQUEST one or
  more feeds from other IDD relay instances at other organizations.

  Given this, our preference is for full DNS to be setup for user
  machines since this a much more robust solution.

Ticket ID: EOT-784687
Department: Support IDD