[LDM #NQZ-440584]: New Feed Type

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply!

re:
> I see the feedtype "FSL2" on the ERC LDM feed, but
> not on the Unidata feed.
>
> Can I request you add the FSL2 feedtype to your feed?

Our first reaction to your request was to point out that the
full, vary large FSL2 feed is available from NOAA/GSD.  Prompted
by your follow-up, we searched the sites reporting real time
LDM/IDD stats to us, and we found an ERC Broadband machine that was
reporting receipt of an FSL2 feed from the NOAA machine whose
IP address is 140.90.73.177.  Further examination showed that
the FSL2 feed that ERC is receiving is very small, so it is
obviously not the full FSL2 feed that is available from NOAA/GSD.
Given the small size of the feed available from 140.90.73.177, we
went ahead and try adding REQUESTs for the feed to the NOAA NEXRAD2
redistribution machines:

140.90.73.177 - tds.nexrad.noaa.gov
140.172.24.16 - rds.nexrad.noaa.gov

We also checked to see if the ERC NEXRAD2 relay machine has an
ALLOW that would enable us to REQUEST the FSL2 feed that they
are receiving, and they are.

The good news is that the ERC and rds.nexrad.noaa.gov machines do
have ALLOWs that enable us to successfully REQUEST the FSL2 feed.
The bad news (for us) is that the tds.nexrad.noaa.gov machine does
not have the needed ALLOW for us, so we will need to contact the
appropriate people to get the ALLOW added/updated.

The upshot of the above is that the FSL2 feed that is available
from rds.nexrad.noaa.gov directly and secondarily via the ERC
machine is now available in the set of feeds that we redistribute
on our top level IDD relay clusters, idd.unidata.ucar.edu,
iddb.unidata.ucar.edu and iddc.unidata.ucar.edu (iddc is slated
to be decommissioned in the not too distant future).

Ticket ID: NQZ-440584
Department: Support IDD