[IDD #QBL-783661]: split LDM REQUEST for CONDUIT feed

Hi Rick,

re:
> > OK.  I'd feel more comfortable if you would setup a pattern-action file
> > action to log the receipt of each product and then count the number of
> > products received that way.  It would bring the counting that much
> > closer to the LDM itself.

> Not sure what you are asking. Are you wanting to grep the log files for
> CONDUIT log entries for 0p50 files?

I would/will feel more comfortable if we could get a count of CONDUIT
products that get inserted into the LDM queue, and not some measure
that is somewhere "down the road".  To me, the simplest thing to do
would be to:

- create an pattern-action file entry that would log the LDM/IDD
  Product ID to a log file for each and every CONDUIT product
  received, and then use a combination of 'grep' and 'wc' to
  count the entries in the log file that is created for whatever
  time period you want to use for the count

  This would allow us to see if the products really weren't received,
  or not.

re:
> In the morning, I will get rid of idd.ssec.wisc.edu.

Very good.

re:
> Is
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu sufficient? This way I will be making identical
> requests from npserve1/2 and compgen1.

Yes, having the EXACT same REQUESTs on npserve1 and npserve2 would
create an environment where direct comparisons would be definitive.

re:
> Maybe npserve2 is getting all of its data from idd.ssec.wisc.edu. Would
> that be an explanation?

Yes, all or most would be an explanation.

re: we do not see connections from npserve2

> UW was in there for a while but I was seeing errors in the logs so I
> commented out the request and stayed with what you suggested for the
> CONDUIT feed. idd.ssec.wisc.edu was a mistake on my part.

OK.

Please let us know of the results after you make the changes tomorrow.

Ticket ID: QBL-783661
Department: Support IDD