[LDM #CBT-761337]: GOES-17 data

Hi Mike,

re:
> Update:
> When I restarted LDM after putting the exec rtstats line in ldmd.conf, lo
> and behold, the Goes17 NIMAGE data started flowing.

Very interesting indeed.  I have no explanation for how/why this would
be the case especially given the real-time latency stats for NIMAGE
that vulcan is now reporting:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NIMAGE+vulcan.science.sjsu.edu

re:
> I'm still totally
> puzzled how this particular feed can just stop when all others continue.

Me too.

re:
> Let me know if you think of any troubleshooting steps we can do.

We will need to discuss this and get back to you.  Right now, I have
no ideas for why part of a feed would stop being received while
another part would continue to work without problems:

 "My NIMAGE Goes16 is coming in fine. And all my raw ABI Goes16/17 is
  coming in fine."

The only thing that I can suggest (grasping at straws) is to split
your single NIMAGE feed into two, disjoint NIMAGE feeds:

change:

REQUEST NIMAGE ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

to:

REQUEST NIMAGE "GOES16" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST NIMAGE "GOES17" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

NB: after making any change(s) in the LDM configuration file,
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf, you will need to stop and then restart your
LDM for the change(s) to take effect.

Again, this is offered in the spirit of grasping at straws!

In the meantime, I will periodically check on the volume of NIMAGE
data being reported as being received by vulcan:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NIMAGE+vulcan.science.sjsu.edu

and compare it to the volume of NIMAGE data available on the real-server
backend of idd.unidata.ucar.edu that is currently feeding you:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NIMAGE+node7.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: CBT-761337
Department: Support LDM