[IDD #OSS-839566]: IP address change for idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Hi Mike,

re:
> RE: duplicate nexrad request.   Safe to say...I inherited a bit of a mess
> here, but I'm slowly getting things back together.  I just fixed the vulcan
> duplicate request, and I imagine there are other gremlins.

I would be surprised if there wasn't.  Around 9 months ago, I logged into
titan on Sen's request to see if anything could be done to get data flowing
better.  What I found was upwards of 60 GB/hr of data being REQUESTed into
a 500 MB LDM queue, and there were redundant REQUESTs.  The net effect of
the setup was that 'rtstats' on titan was reporting receipt of more than
100 GB/hr, and a LOT of the data being received was never being processed
out of the LDM queue before it got deleted for newly arriving data.  That
is when I made a big effort of reorganizing feed REQUESTs and making the
LDM queue as large as possible given the memory installed on the machine.
This was also the origination of our wanting to see if we have some
memory that could be used on titan as this would allow the queue to
be sized larger, and this, in turn, would help decrease the receipt
of products more than once, and that, in turn, would reduce the load
average on the machine.  The bottom line is the more RAM the better :-)

re:
> One thing I just noticed; titan is feeding from iddb, instead of idd.  I'm
> assuming I should switch this to idd, true?

I did this on purpose when trying to troubleshoot IDD connections on
titan.  You can leave the connections on iddb or switch them to idd.

Ticket ID: OSS-839566
Department: Support IDD