[IDD #PTX-634130]: is idd.unidata.ucar.edu up?

Hi,

re:
> I stopped getting surface METAR feed at 9:16 pm MDT Wednesday.   I'm trying
> to figure out if this is a firewall change at COSMIC, or something at
> UNIDATA.

If you are REQUESTing the IDS|DDPLUS feed from idd.unidata.ucar.edu, the cause
is likely that we moved DNS for idd.unidata.ucar.edu from the original top
level IDD relay cluster located here in UCAR to a new cluster located at
the NWSC in Cheyenne, Wyoming.  We sent an announcement of this move to
all of the email lists we maintain that are likely to have recipients
that are running LDMs and feeding from idd.unidata.ucar.edu to warn of
the move, and to advise of the eventual need to restart local LDMs so that
feed REQUEST(s) would be refreshed.

If your LDM feed REQUEST(s) are to idd.unidata.ucar.edu, please stop and
restart your LDM to force the change to the new cluster:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin start

OR